11.26.2014

Thankful

This year we have so very much to be thankful for...
I'm thankful especially for our recent once in a lifetime (many lifetimes) trip - (I'm working on assembling my thoughts and emotions and pictures to blog about it.) 
I'm thankful for new friendships all over the USA and for powerful, precious connections


I'm thankful for grandparents and greats.
I'm thankful for good friends that feel like family and for time well spent this year with them.

I'm thankful for our health.  
I'm thankful for good, wise doctors. 
I'm thankful for proactive decisions.
I'm thankful for kiddos who have exceeded expectations and goals and who amaze us daily.
I had a health scare this year and am thankful to not be battling that today.  
I am thankful for modern medicine and technology.
I am thankful to live in a time and place that celebrates kids with differences.
I am thankful for their schools and teachers and friends.
I am forever thankful to be their mom.
I am thankful for our home and our yard and our neighbors.  
I am thankful for our adventures we went on this summer and how it changed us a family.
I am thankful for Jesus and His faithful pursuit of us.
I am thankful for the relationship and friendship I see developing between Will & Ellie.
(look at this precious note I found on her bed last week that Will wrote her!)



I love how we focus on gratitude for Thanksgiving.  I want gratitude to be my legacy.  I want to be a thankful person year round and to raise thankful children.

May your day be filled with gratitude and be surrounded by those you love.

Happy Thanksgiving 2014

(The kids insisted that this is how "Indians & Pilgrims" would have posed for pictures.  I didn't try arguing or pointing out that there were no cameras at Plymouth Rock.) 

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...